Today’s Bible reading* assures us that God is true to His promises.
So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there. The Lord gave them rest on every side according to all he had sworn to their ancestors. None of their enemies were able to stand against them, for the Lord handed over all their enemies to them.
None of the good promises the Lord had made to the house of Israel failed.
Everything was fulfilled.
Joshua 21:43–45 (CSB)
Every promise of God was fulfilled. Every. Single. One.
God was true to His promises. He always is. And He always will be.
Paul reminds us that, “every one of God’s promises is ‘Yes’ in him. Therefore, through him we also say ‘Amen’ to the glory of God.” 2 Corinthians 1:20 (CSB)
We can take God’s promises to the bank, knowing that He will make good on His promises. Here are just a few promises that we can claim as Believers: (and this list is far from complete!)
- God is not a man, that he might lie, or a son of man, that he might change his mind. Does he speak and not act, or promise and not fulfill? Numbers 23:19 (CSB)
- Keep your life free from the love of money. Be satisfied with what you have, for he himself has said, I will never leave you or abandon you. Hebrews 13:5 (CSB)
- I am sure of this, that he who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6 (CSB)
- What, then, are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us? Romans 8:31 (CSB)
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8 (CSB)
- And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20b (CSB)
Based on the goodness of the character of God in fulfilling His promises, the only appropriate response is our “yes” to Him. James 4:8 (The Message)
* Chapters covered in today’s reading: